Definitions and objectives
The Plant B+B intends to increase the network’s members’ capacity and support them on gaining visibility while sharing their work on plant biotechnology and breeding. This call targets the attendance to specialised international fora or specialised pieces of training, including online conferences and courses. This grant intends to support young scientists (MSc, PhD) mainly. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Call openings: Every year on 10th January, 10th April, 10th July, and 10th October.
Application deadlines: Every year on 10th February, 10th May, 10th August, 10th November (17:00 CET).
The grants will be allocated after a competitive procedure and are accessible to members of the Plant B+B network only. Every year, the Plant B+B will support four grants of 850€/ each to cover registration fees + travel or online registration for specific training pieces.
The applicant and the host institution
- The grants will be allocated after a competitive procedure and are accessible to members of the Plant B+B network only.
- The applicant should be registered on an MSc or PhD program at the date of application.
- Recipients of this bursary are not eligible to benefit from another CC grant during the same year. They are allowed to submit applications for subsequent years.
Applications must be submitted by the applicant, in English and consist of:
Application form (imposed format forms) provided at https://plantbb.org/.
- A brief curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate (max. two pages).
- MSc and PhD students must submit a softcopy of their official registration in an ongoing MSc and
PhD program at a university.
- A recommendation letter from the applicant’s supervisor.
- The programme of the training/conference.
Applications must be submitted electronically to IPBO@vib-ugent.be (The application form must be named as follows: “Applicant’s last name last name_ CC _PlantBB_application”. Send the application form and annexes as separate PDF files.
The Plant B+B steering committee will evaluate applications.
The selection will be made on the following criteria:
- The relevance of the conference/training to the work of the candidate. International conferences
and courses will be prioritised.
- Applicants that can provide proof of acceptance of their abstracts by the scientific organising
committees of the intended conferences will be prioritised.
- Abstracts selected for oral presentations will be prioritised vs other participation modalities.
- Eligible participants that have not been selected in previous calls will be prioritised in front of other
candidates who have been recipients of this grant in previous editions.
Applicants will receive an e-mail with the selection outcome 15 working days after every call’s deadline of every year with feedback on their application. The final list of the selected candidates will be made available at Plant B+B website upon written communication.
CC application form 2021
Application form for Plant B+B Conferences and Courses (CC) Grant
Guidelines for Funding Opportunities 2021
The collaboration fostered under the Plant Biotechnology and Breeding (Plant B+B) International Thematic Network (ITN) shall open a new window to connect academic programs, researchers, and institutions worldwide.